Our commitment is to continuously improve on hotel practices, which promote responsibility towards the environment and community. Therefore, we have adopted the following initiatives:
- Minimizing water usage and waste while maximizing reuse
- Adding efficient equipment and fixtures throughout the properties to reduce energy consumption including led lighting, solar powered shuttles and energy saving air conditioning systems
- Participating in Aruba’s beach conservation project with employees.
- Protecting the habitat of endangered Loggerhead, Leatherback and Green turtles that nest on our beach
- Reducing pollution generated by our activities through clean energy measures, which include high efficiency kitchen equipment, eliminating all single use plastic disposals, and reuse of grey water for landscaping
Our No Straw Initiative:
Our goal to provide you with an outstanding vacation experience doesn’t stop here, we promote environmental awareness throughout the property with efforts like our no straw initiative to help reduce plastic pollution. Plastic constitutes 90% of all trash floating in our oceans and straws are in the top 10 of all items picked up, so in 2017, we eliminated the use of plastic straws and other paper goods through the properties.
Plastic constitutes 90% of all trash floating in the oceans. Straws are in the top 10 of items picked up during trash cleanups and affecting Aruba wildlife, turtles and other species. This is one of the main reasons we have eliminated the use of plastic straws and other paper and plastic goods throughout the properties.
Control Of Hazardous Substances:
Hotel determines suitability of all products before they are purchased, and we provide full training for staff whenever new chemicals or equipment are purchased for use at any Divi property.
Energy Management Platform:
We use timers on our electrical equipment, including air-conditioning units, outdoor lighting for walkways, refrigeration equipment in the kitchens and more.
Our team members participate in workshops and seminars conducted by the environmental committee, local government organizations and also by non-governmental environmental organizations.
We monitor all of the water use on our properties, including water used for pools, guest rooms, kitchens, restaurants, dining areas and landscaping.
Learn More About Our 'Going Green' Initiatives:
Our ‘go green’ mission is to promote environmental awareness throughout our properties and with our employees in an effort to make a positive impact on the Earth. We take pride in being among the most eco-friendly and community-friendly resorts in the hospitality industry and strive to continuously provide the ultimate Caribbean vacation experience through quality service and facilities.
We promote over six different environmentally conscious initiatives throughout the hotel system. When you’re staying with us, rest assured we’re doing everything we can to create an environmentally-responsible experience.